Pages

OracleEBSpro is purely for knowledge sharing and learning purpose, with the main focus on Oracle E-Business Suite Product and other related Oracle Technologies.

I'm NOT responsible for any damages in whatever form caused by the usage of the content of this blog.

I share my Oracle knowledge through this blog. All my posts in this blog are based on my experience, reading oracle websites, books, forums and other blogs. I invite people to read and suggest ways to improve this blog.


Sunday, February 24, 2013

SQL Query optimization tips for Oracle


When we talk about query optimization, we basically wants to reduce response time for 
SQL Query processing and find more efficient way to process workload. One of the major 
way is make our queries to use indexes so that search time can be reduced. 

We have compiled following basic but helpful tips for making a query to use indexes 
and optimizing a query.

1. Primary Key Search
2. Index on Foreign key
3. Simplified conditions
4. Use Outer Join avoid Not In
5. OR vs UNION
6. Function Based Index
7. Handling NULL Values
8. Index Hints and LIKE



No comments:

Post a Comment