Pages

OracleEBSpro is purely for knowledge sharing and learning purpose, with the main focus on Oracle E-Business Suite Product and other related Oracle Technologies.

I'm NOT responsible for any damages in whatever form caused by the usage of the content of this blog.

I share my Oracle knowledge through this blog. All my posts in this blog are based on my experience, reading oracle websites, books, forums and other blogs. I invite people to read and suggest ways to improve this blog.


Sunday, March 3, 2013

PL/SQL Interview Questions

what is the difference between row migration & row changing?

Migration: The data is stored in blocks whic use Pctfree 40% and pctused 60% ( normally). The 40% space is used for update and delete statements .  when a condition may arise that update/delete statement takes more then pctfree then it takes the space from anther block.  this is called migration.

RowChaining: while inserting the data if data of one row takes more then one block then this row is stored in two blocks and rows are chained.

- See more at: http://www.geekinterview.com/question_details/35460#sthash.RCr5BB1s.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment