Pages

OracleEBSpro is purely for knowledge sharing and learning purpose, with the main focus on Oracle E-Business Suite Product and other related Oracle Technologies.

I'm NOT responsible for any damages in whatever form caused by the usage of the content of this blog.

I share my Oracle knowledge through this blog. All my posts in this blog are based on my experience, reading oracle websites, books, forums and other blogs. I invite people to read and suggest ways to improve this blog.


Wednesday, April 17, 2013

KFF vs. DFF: A Comparison


A flexfield in Oracle Application is a field made up of sub–fields, or segments.  They are basically used to implement code structure or to capture additional information. There are two types of flexfields: key flexfields and descriptive flexfields. A key flexfield appears on your form as a normal text field with an appropriate prompt while a descriptive flexfield appears on your form as a two–character–wide text field with square brackets [ ] as its prompt.
Here is a brief comparison between KFF and DFF:

1 comment: